Chiropractic Treatment for Tendinitis in Bellevue, WA
The tendons are the thick, fibrous cords that connect bones to muscles. Tendinitis refers to the irritation and inflammation of a tendon due to acute or overuse injury. This can cause tenderness and in some cases more acute pain around the joint. It can be extremely persistent and cause chronic as well as intermittent pain. For active persons, it can completely derail a fitness plan, workout regimen or sports activity. However, it can also make everyday activities far more difficult, uncomfortable and sometimes impossible.
Treatment for Tendinitis from Your Bellevue, WA Chiropractor
Tendinitis can potentially occur in any tendon anywhere in the body. However, these are the most common areas where your Bellevue WA chiropractor sees tendinitis:
- Elbow (Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow)
- Shoulder (Swimmer's Shoulder, Pitcher's Shoulder)
- Knee (Runner’s Knee, Jumper's Knee)
The signs and symptoms of tendinitis include:
- Pain where the muscle connects with the bone
- Dull ache in the affected limb or joint
- Tenderness around the area
- Swelling and inflammation
Causes of Tendinitis
Tendinitis can result from a sudden, acute and traumatic injury during a sports or work activity. However, tendinitis is most often caused by the repetition of a movement and overuse of a joint over time. This repetition can put stress on one or more tendons and result in the pain and discomfort of tendinitis.
The best ways to avoid tendinitis include:
- Mix it Up - Avoid repetitive motions and overuse. Change up your workout or activities by crosstraining to avoid tendinitis.
- Rest - Get sufficient rest between workouts or exertion periods.
- Stretch and Warm Up - Proper warmup of the muscles, joints, and tendons can help to reduce the risk of injury or aggravating the tendons.
- Watch Your Form - Use proper form for every activity, whether sports or work. Avoid awkward positions and reaching.
- Practice Good Ergonomics - Make sure workout areas, sports fields, office setup and work areas have healthy ergonomics within the space.
- Regulate Your Activity Levels - Avoid overextension and overexertion.
Chiropractic Care for Tendinitis
The best course of action for treating tendinitis is reducing physical activity, rest and icing the area. If a tendon is ruptured, surgery may be required. Tendinitis treatment is essential for efficient healing and avoiding tendon rupture down the road. Without treatment, there can also be degenerative changes within the tendon including abnormal blood vessel growth.
Chiropractic treatment in Bellevue WA can be extremely beneficial in recovery from tendinitis. Your Bellevue WA chiropractor Chiropractic of Bellevue is experienced in treating issues of the musculoskeletal system and restoring balance. With chiropractic treatment, pain is reduced and your injuries will heal more efficiently
Make an Appointment Today
If you are suffering from the symptoms of tendinitis, contact your chiropractic clinic in Bellevue, WA Chiropractic of Bellevue today for an appointment.