Answers from Our Car Accident Doctor in Bellevue WA
Car accidents can create questions as well as symptoms. Here are some answers to frequently asked auto accident questions by your car accident doctor in Bellevue WA.
- Do I have whiplash? If your head got "whipped" back and forth by the impact, your neck pain and stiffness may be the result of whiplash. Whiplash can also cause nausea, headaches, jaw pain, dizziness, mood changes, cognitive problems, hearing/vision abnormalities and arm or hand symptoms.
- My back got bumped -- so why does my leg hurt? A jolt to the spine can cause a lumbar disc to herniate and press against the sciatic nerve. The resulting leg pain, tingling, muscle weakness and numbness is called sciatica.
- I'm experiencing little or no pain following my accident. Why is it so important to get a spinal evaluation? The immediate shock of the accident can cause symptoms to be delayed. This delayed reaction permits the injury to get even worse before you notice significant pain.
- Is your chiropractor the right person to look at my injury? Dr. Owen is a fully qualified car accident doctor in Bellevue WA and has been practicing in the field since 1997. Chiropractors in general go through four years of science education in college, followed by four years of postgraduate study, to prepare for situations just like yours.
- Why should I see a chiropractor in addition to visiting the hospital? Hospitals tend to address acute symptoms of an auto accident injury first and foremost, often by prescribing pain relievers instead of actually examining the underlying cause of the pain. Our chiropractor will actually find the source of your symptoms and correct it.
- What is the evaluation like? We will take x-rays to view the spine in detail. We will also ask you about the details of the accident, your medical history and any symptoms you're currently experiencing. If you're in acute pain, we can proceed with treatment as soon as we've isolated the exact cause.
- How do chiropractic adjustments treat an auto accident injury? Chiropractic adjustments restore normal joint alignment and function in the spinal column. These corrections free trapped nerve tissue to relieve neurological symptoms while also taking stress off of injured muscle groups.
- What other methods do you use? We may recommend a variety of other natural, conservative treatment methods to facilitate your recovery. Massage therapy, for instance, can help relax muscles and relieve spasms. Rehabilitative exercises can help restore muscle tone, flexibility and balance.
- Will auto insurance pay for my care? Your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage may pay for at least some of your injury care expenses. If it's proven that the other driver was at fault, the person's insurance might pay for your treatment. Check with your insurance provider.
Call Our Car Accident Doctor in Bellevue WA Today
You can more answers -- and the care you need -- right here at Chiropractic of Bellevue. Call (425) 802-5432 today!
- Dr. Edward Owens D.C.