Need a Back Pain Doctor in Bellevue WA?
Whether you have experienced a recent injury that produced immediate, intense pain or your symptoms have developed and worsened slowly over a period of years, you're no doubt looking for safe and effective relief -- ideally without the need for surgical intervention of mind-fogging pharmaceuticals. Here at Chiropractic of Bellevue we can provide back pain relief through a variety of natural techniques.
Back Pain Basics
Back pain can stem of a variety of underlying issues. These may include:
- Acute injury - Auto accident injuries, sports injuries, work injuries and other kinds of acute personal injuries can cause back pain in multiple ways. In an auto accident, for example, you may suffer subluxation of the vertebral joints, herniated discs, nerve impingement and torn muscles all at the same time.
- Herniated disc - A herniated disc may occur due to a traumatic accident (see above) or as a consequence of longstanding stress on the disc. The disc's inner material pokes through a tear in the outer casing, irritating nearby nerve roots and causing back pain.
- Degenerative disc disease - Bulging, flattened discs that have dehydrated and lost height can stress the joints that articulate the vertebrae, causing back pain and contributing to spinal arthritis. Slippage of one vertebra over another (spondylolisthesis) or narrowing of the bony spinal canal (spinal stenosis) can pinch nerve tissue and produce back pain.
- Sciatica - Impingement of the sciatic nerve (the large nerve that relays sensory and motor data to the hip and leg) can produce sciatica. Sciatica symptoms include lower back pain as well as pain, numbness, weakness or tingling sensations in the extremity served by the affected sciatic nerve.
- Muscle spasms - A chronic spinal misalignment or postural abnormality can place unnatural strain on the muscle groups in the back, causing painful and sometimes nerve-impinging muscle spasms. One example is piriformis syndrome, in which spasms of the piriformis muscle put pressure on the sciatic nerve (which runs through it).
How Our Bellevue Back Pain Chiropractor Can Help
Real, lasting back pain treatment means correcting the underlying problem rather than simply muting the symptoms with drugs. In many cases, however, invasive back surgery is a needlessly extreme measure. Our Bellevue back pain chiropractor pinpoints the biomechanical origins of your pain and then provides conservative treatments such as:
- Spinal manipulation - Our back pain doctor in Bellevue WA uses gentle, "non-cracking" forms of spinal manipulation such as ArthroStim to provide small, precise adjustments to the spine. This can help free up the joints, correct your alignment and relieve nerve impingement.
- Corrective exercises - We can prescribe specific stretches and other exercises designed to relieve muscle strain and back pain.
- Massage therapy - We may recommend massage therapy to relieve muscle spasms and facilitate spinal adjustments.
Call (425) 802-5432 for an appointment with our Bellevue back pain chiropractor. We're your non-surgical, drug-free back pain resource!
- Dr. Edward Owens D.C.