Whiplash treatment is safely performed at the Chiropractic of Bellevue. If you were in an auto accident or suffered a violent impact to the head or neck while playing contact sports, there is no need to wait for symptoms to show up. We can identify spinal imbalances using digital X-rays and health screenings. Our chiropractor in Bellevue, WA, can then personalize a holistic wellness program to assist in long-term healing and reduce the risk of permanent damage associated with whiplash injury.
How Does Whiplash Happen?
Whiplash is a neck injury commonly seen in rear-end collisions. It happens due to a sudden and forceful extension-reflexion of the head and neck. The sudden motion occurs with such force and speed that it strains, sprains, or tears the muscle, tendons, or ligaments in the neck. Whiplash may also occur from a fall or hit to the head from a heavy object.
Signs You Suffered a Whiplash Injury
Whiplash symptoms may show up within 24-48 hours, but not always. Here are some common signs to keep an eye out for:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Blurred vision or dizziness
- Limited neck movement
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)
- Numbness or tingling
- Headaches, especially at the base of the skull
- Pain that radiates to the shoulder, shoulder blades, back, or arm
Whiplash Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Bellevue
R.I.C.E. therapy, which is rest, ice, compression, and elevation, may help relieve moderate pain caused by whiplash. But, it cannot correct misalignment, disc herniation, or other damage to the cervical spine.
We can tailor a comprehensive treatment plan that may include spinal adjustments and rehabilitative therapies to help you recover fast. This is after identifying the root cause of your symptoms and deciding if chiropractic care is right for you.
- Spinal Adjustments: Neck pain, back pain, stiffness from joint restrictions, and other symptoms such as numbness or tingling from pressure on the nerve can be effectively relieved with spinal adjustments. Dr. Edward Owens may use his hands or a small instrument to manipulate the spinal joints and tissue into alignment. Realigning the spine releases the trapped nerve and triggers an influx of nutrients to the spine to aid the healing of the discs and soft tissue. Restoring the spine also enhances communication function between the brain and spinal cord.
- Rehabilitation: Corrective exercises may be included in the wellness plan to accelerate healing, increase flexibility, and strengthen the affected musculoskeletal structures surrounding the cervical spine.
Talk to Our Chiropractor in Bellevue Today!
Anyone who was involved in an auto accident in Bellevue, WA, or a city nearby can seek treatment for whiplash at Chiropractic of Bellevue. Prompt chiropractic care for whiplash can help prevent loss of mobility and long-term health complications. Call 425-802-5432 to schedule an appointment.