Sports Injuries with our Bellevue Chiropractor
The staff at Chiropractic of Bellevue understand that chiropractic care may not be your first thought if you are suffering from a sports injury. We would like to change your mind. Our Bellevue WA chiropractor, Dr. Edward Owens, provides a variety of healing services to effectively treat your sports injuries without surgery or medication.
We do not want a sports injury to keep you on the sidelines, so we invite you to speak with our chiropractor as soon as possible following an injury. Whether you are a profession, amateur or beginner, a sports injury may occur with physical activity. If you are experiencing pain, stop the activity and make an appointment with us to determine the source of your pain and then eliminate it altogether.
Sports Injuries and Chiropractic Care
Sports injuries can result from collisions if you have run into another player or an object such as a bench. They can also occur through overuse, lack of rest, repetitive motions, poor body mechanics and unbalanced muscles. For example, if the muscles on the fronts of your upper legs are out of proportion with the muscles on the backs of your upper legs, you may risk a muscle strain on the back of your leg. For this reason, you can always visit Dr. Owens before an injury occurs to prevent sports injuries and keep you active. However, if you are currently in pain, you may be experiencing an injury such as:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Muscle strain
- Tennis elbow
- Back pain from herniated discs, sciatica or misalignments
- Runner's knee
- Rotator cuff injuries
The above list contains some of the more common sports injuries, but whichever joint or muscle is causing you pain, can be treated with chiropractic services. After an evaluation, your care plan may include:
- Exercises- Dr. Owens shows you proper body mechanics and how to maintain muscle balance and flexibility to heal this injury and reduce future complaints.
- Adjustments- gentle adjustments to your spine and joints allow for faster recovery time as your body works together to enhance circulation and nerve signal flow.
- Lifestyle changes- small changes in the way you perform sports activities go a long way toward preventing injuries and reducing your pain.
- Massage therapy- if your injury is muscular, massage therapy eases your discomfort and inflammation. It also improves circulation to the muscle for faster healing.
Contact us Today for Sports Injury Treatment in Bellevue WA
Dr. Owens looks forward to sharing the healing benefits of chiropractic care with you and your family. If you are experiencing pain following physical activity, please call us today at (425) 802-5432 to schedule your healing appointment.